links...
please do not direct link at all or steal from this weblog without crediting me. thanks!
*contains some 18+ content*

Open links in new window


©2002-2006
*****
feeling: JeN's mood @ www.imood.com
[[amazon wishlist]]
******************************
[[home]] [[profile]]


icon from NeoHacks
******************************
Liking
[[home*runner]] [[a-jolie]]
[[the ladder theory]] [[liac]]
[[engrish]] [[emogame]]
[[scaryduck]] [[kitta]]
[[queer as folk]] [[care2]]
[[amazing angelina]]
[[go fug yourself]] [[smart]]
[[the superficial]] [[ontd]]
[[perez hilton]] [[cute overload]]
[[fourfour]]

Watching
[[the l word]] [[miami ink]]
[[antm]] [[what not to wear]]
[[animal planet]] [[scrubs]]

Reading
[[sara douglass]]
[[mercedes lackey]]
[[stephen king]] [[jk rowling]]
[[anne bishop]]
[[douglas adams]]
[[barb & jc hendee]]
[[david & leigh eddings]]
[[george rr martin]]
[[jacqueline carey]]

Comics
[[something positive]]
[[queen of wands]] [[bunny]]
[[least i could do]] [[girly]]
[[two lumps]] [[hello cthulhu]]
[[savvie & lacey]] [[vg cats]]

Animal Support
[[ontario spca]] [[eviron can]]
[[cfhs]] [[animal rights]]
[[animal alliance]] [[cetfa]]
[[zoocheck]] [[fota]] [[adlc]]
[[click2donate]]

Rabbit Stuff
[[hrs]] [[rabbits refs]] [[herbs]]
[[ont rabbits]] [[pine shavings]]
[[bun owners]] [[house rabbits]]
[[bklyn bunny]] [[rabbit care]]
[[hopper home]] [[language]]
[[disapproving rabbits]]
[[buzzbase]] [[bunny lovers]]
[[rabbit rescue]] [[bun yawns]]

Breast Cancer Support
[[bcsc]] [[cbcf]] [[cancercare]]
[[obciep]] [[willow]] [[ccs]]
[[cbcra]] [[pink ribbon store]]

Using
[[copyscape]] [[dynamic drive]]
[[bravenet]] [[msg plus]]
[[haloscan]] [[mess.be]]
[[blogskins]] [[smilies]]
[[putfile]] [[photobucket]]
[[visual paradox]] [[youtube]]

Listed On
Listed on BlogsCanada
[[adult blogster]] [[erogs]]
[[within reality]] [[iron gate]]
[[botw]]
******************************




Powered By Blogger TM
Get Firefox!
Save Wilderness for FREE - EcologyFund.com


The WeatherPixie
******************************

eXTReMe Tracker


my thoughts

I can't believe that what I feel is really happening to me
Make it hurt
And point the finger at my insecurities
Well I guess I just don't understand about those complexities in your mind
And I guess I just don't understand why this world seems so unkind
Maybe just once I get what's coming to me.

**"Maybe Just Once" - Nine Inch Nails**

Monday, November 21, 2005

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire was interesting. I'm rather glad I didn't read the book right before seeing the movie like I did for HP3. I learned my lesson this time. Warning: this post may contain possible spoilers. Compared to the books, I think the fourth movie was the worst one filmed so far. The directors really should just start chopping them into two separate movies. I mean, it's not like they're short on time or funding. I'm sure the actors will keep wanting to star in the movies too.

To me it seemed that all of the action scenes were pulled out of the book and smushed together with only a little bit of dialogue for continuity's sake. There was little if no character development at all. I didn't feel that the characters learned anything of importance, except for maybe that the opposite sex doesn't have cooties. Since the main Hogwarts students are all getting a bit older (Hermione, Ron and Harry are supposed to be age 14 in "Goblet of Fire"), they're all turning into quite the eye candy, especially Miss Emma Watson. The other wizards and witches from the other two schools were rather aesthetically pleasing as well. I'm pretty sure that there will be many girls drooling over the guys who played Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory and boys jerking off to Fleur Delacour (Clémence Poésy even did a topless scene in another movie, "Bienvenue chez les Rozes" in 2003) and Cho Chang (an Asian with a Scottish accent!).

I was rather disappointed that several small but important things were cut out of the movie. One of those things being the simple fact of explaining how Barty Crouch Jr got out of Azkaban! Would it really be that difficult to take two minutes to explain how he is no longer in prison and who helped that to come about instead of letting the audience (who haven't read the book) thinking "wtf?" I also think that the little bit of info about Hermione and and S.P.E.W. and the house elves would have been nice since it gives a little more insight into her character. I remember that I was rather upset when Cedric was killed by Voldemort at the end of the book. I didn't really feel much for his character in the movie since there wasn't enough interaction between the characters for me to develop any attachment for them. It wasn't even mentioned that Cedric and Cho were actually dating each other at this point, so it looked like she was more upset than most students when he died. At the very least the movie could have showed Harry leaving the Dursley's house because we already know that it's important for him to go there every summer. Or how about a little more alluding to the Ron-Hermione luv and/or the Harry-Ginny luv... or at least the freakin' important Harry-Cho luv? Hell, I'm surprised there was even a mentioning of the demise of Mr and Mrs Longbottom.

It's just another movie where I suspect only the Cole's Notes were read instead of the actual book. I know that it was important to cut a lot of unimportant stuff out so that it was possible to make one movie out of a 700+ page book, but why cut out stuff that is crucial to a full understanding of the storyline? Why only include the action scenes and leave out the stuff that makes us come to love these characters? Yes, fast-paced action catches our attention but fans don't fight for these books just to read about, say, a Quidditch game. We want character development! Agree with me or not, I like HP4 as a movie and an entertaining movie only. When I compare it to the book, which I can't help doing, it is a terrible movie. I still can't wait for HP5 to finish filming though!

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire: Book vs Movie




ColorQuiz.comJeN took the free ColorQuiz.com personality test!

"Takes easily and quickly to anything which provide..."


Click here to read the rest of the results.



*stupid link of the day* Happy Sunshine Storytime: I wonder how the world would be if this was the kind of story we'd read alound in the classroom.
JeN's mind ejaculated @ 11:58 p.m. | | permalink
generated by sloganizer.net


...links
thanks to
may * designs
for the template!
*modified by JeN*
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.


My Addictions
[[Blogroll Me!]]
[[Who Links Here?]]
******************************

©1995 Quagmyr@aol.com. Used by permission.
[[EhBC]] [[castle realm]]
[[kc's playground]]
[[submissive women speak]]
[[feminist submissive]]
[[why bdsm?]] [[section 12]]
[[understanding submission]]
[[the control book]]
[[kindlings]] [[Dom's view]]

Writings by remittance girl
[[the waiting room]]
[[divestiture]]
[[the mistress of dakao]]
[[beautiful losers]]
******************************
Friends
[[Kayla]] [[Ryan]] [[Jasmine]]
[[Andrea]] [[Linz]] [[Rob]]
[[Katie]] [[Lauren]] [[Jay]]
[[Leya]] [[Kat]] [[Liane]]
[[Steve]]
*****



My blog is worth $24,839.76.
How much is your blog worth?